Thursday, January 27, 2011

Turf and a Dog that Poops

Yes, I started a blog. Though I may not have the most interesting life, at least it is not monotonous. While my husband tries to keep things together and sane, my lovely coffee-table-chewing-crazy-sweet-puppy Bella keeps things interesting.

You may be wondering about the title of my blog...no, I do not think that things cannot get any better (although they are pretty amazing), and no, I do not have any well-kept secrets on gardening. Well, kind of. I have TURF. Yes, a turf lawn. I have actually had people stop their cars and ask me what I do to keep my lawn so green. I tell them that I am just that good. It does begin to look a little strange around October and on through the winter months, but I love it because it is low maintenance. All I have to do is break out the rake every couple weeks. Ah, the beauty of having a dog.

My husband Robin is NOT a dog lover. Au contraire. I had to talk him into it. A lot. He finally broke down and I drove to Brighton to a shelter and came home with a seemingly helpless 9 wk old puppy. She was probably the cutest thing I had ever seen (minus a small percentage of babies). He told me from the beginning that he would not be party to any poo raking or bagging, and let me tell you, he has held true to that statement.

Therefore, I am the sole doody picker-upper. My favorite job.

On a side note, don't you love it when you can tell that a dog is dreaming? Bella is lying on the couch next to me twitching. I think she is dreaming about running. Or maybe pooping. I think that's a strong possibility since that is her favorite activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment