Monday, January 31, 2011

Mis(s?)pell

I have something to share. It may offend some of you. I am a spelling freak. It really bothers me when someone posts a facebook status with errors. I could cry. Mostly for them.

I have always been astounded at the number of people that misspell the word definitely. D-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y. These are a few of the ways that I have seen it written:


  • definately
  • defiantly (totally different meaning)
  • definetly
  • definitly
  • definatly
So I saw a posting this morning that got me thinking about it and I did some research. I looked up the most commonly misspelled words in the English language, and some of them were quite funny. For instance, Misspell. The word itself is the answer to the question. And of course, definitely definitely made the list.  It's a hard truth, but sadly, not every word can be as easy to spell as 'Turf '.

I love you all in spite of your spelling mistakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment