Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Flag Cheesecake

Hola patriotic peeps! (After I typed that I laughed out loud. Is that like sacrilegious? Sacrilanguage? Sacripatriotism?)

Anyway, I hope you all had a happy 4th! I got to spend some time with the hubs out on the town. That's right, in Buena Vista...it's a town:)  We attended the town parade which turned out to be quite the spectacle...it lasted 1 1/2 hours! Holy parade overload batman! That evening we went to our dear friends, the Flowers, for hamburgers and fireworks and then a much needed poker game. So fun!!

Sunday the 3rd, Cornerstone had their annual "Church in the Park" service with eats after, and I brought this beauty!


Mmm. That's right. It's a Flag Cheesecake. I got the recipe HERE.  It was a total hit! The best part? You don't have to decorate it like a flag! Use your imagination people. Birthdays, Christmas, and to stick with the theme, maybe a Mexican flag for their independence.  I'm not judging, you can celebrate it. I'll look for any excuse to make this again! 

One little disclaimer for this recipe...actually two. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME!! I had never made a cheesecake before, so I didn't realize there is a lot of waiting around for cooling time. Thus, I ended up staying up til 1 am finishing this thing. #2 HAVE A PLATTER BIG ENOUGH!! I don't. Imagine my feelings of grief when I realize that I have nothing to serve this mammoth on...it's 13x18. I ended up borrowing a tray from my dear friend and savior (of the day...no more sacrilegious-ness here) Leslie. Thanks Les! 

Anyway, I highly recommend this cake! Lot's of compliments may have led to the inflation of my head, but hey, it was grand. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment