Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I have a dream.

"I have a dream," but not quite like Martin Luther King Jr.  Mine did not involve concise in-depth topics such as integration, but rather many strange happenings blended together to form one very confusing delusional fantasy including but not limited to: attack dogs, hiking a 14er with my 87 year old grandmother, living on a pirate ship, and my little sister going missing and turning up in Europe just having bought a brand new sports car. I have no idea how I come up with these things.

I don't have these dreams very often. But when I do, they are intense and so vividly resemble real life that I usually wake fairly certain that one or all of the events of the night actually occurred.  For instance that my dog Bella chewed every square inch of wood in my house, and then I'm actually mean to her in the morning.  Or that both of my front teeth fell out. (That one really, truly scared me. I love my teeth. They're pretty.)

I also tend to talk in my sleep a lot. Ask my husband. He has stories. Like after working 9 days straight at Bongo's (a coffee shop) asking Robin if he would like "room for cream in your coffee?". Or after playing poker one night screaming at him saying, "I HAVE ACE, KING!!!".  And last night I physically shook him awake and told him that he should, "get a job with the passports" (I had just applied for one) There is never a dull moment in our bedroom...get your mind out of the gutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment